"Each has his own tree of ancestors, but at the top of all sits Probably Arboreal." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Wednesday 8 February 2012

On writing it all down

Last time, I promised you something a little more practical. I am going to turn to the actual nitty-gritty of doing genealogy, but I’m starting out with an area where I really do want help and suggestions: writing it all down.
It’s a tricky one, and I know that different methods work for different people. My own attempts at recording everything have gone through various guises. So, in the next few posts I’m going to attempt to examine the pros and cons of some of them, in the hope that it will help me to clarify what actually does work best. It might also give you some ideas, and I’m hoping maybe you can give me some advice in return!
As it’s quite a weighty subject, I’ve decided to split this into four parts. To be posted over the next few days.
L x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy...